Recent Purchase: Alaris Royalty

New funds are now deposited to my investment account so it’s time to put that money to work. Today I purchased 55 shares of Alaris Royalty (AD.TO) for $16.53 per share. I’m a few days late on this purchase because last week they were just under $16, but I did not have the funds available. My total position in Alaris now consists of 195 shares with the market value of $3,159. With the recent purchase, my monthly dividend income will increase by $7.40.

About the company
Alaris provides capital to private businesses in return of royalty payments. The company currently has 15 income streams with $98 million in annual revenue. Alaris has approximately 80% of its fair value of investments in US based companies; 49% of invested dollars are exposed to business services, 40% to industrials, and 11% to consumer products and services.

Dividend History and Sustainability
  • Current dividend per share of $0.135 per month ($1.62 annual)
  • 10 consecutive dividend increases totalling 93% gross increase
  • Current annualized payout ratio at ~90%
  • Included in the Canadian Dividend Aristocrats Index

2 comments:

  1. Hi German,

    I used to own AD long time ago. They have had trouble growing and raising their dividend, which for me is a No Go. I like to see consistent DG of at least 5 years.I pretty much don't touch high yield stocks. I just recently wrote a post about this and all the high yield stocks contained in CDZ. Good luck with your buy. Peter https://thestockmarketspeculator.blogspot.ca/2018/05/high-yield-stocks-wheres-growth.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter! Thanks for your comments! I understand your concern regarding their high dividend yield. I'm not trying to chase it. AD will be a 2-3 years trade. I see a $5-$7 upside pottencial and that's how I plan to play it. Cheers!

      Delete