The Last Stock Purchase of the Year!


I’m happy to announce that the last stock purchase of the year is completed. I decided to add to my TD Bank position. The TD shares slightly decreased this week so I decided to take advantage of a lower price. I bought 13 shares at $73.76 per share and added $39.88 to my forward dividend income. TD is a quarterly dividend payer. The next ex-dividend date for TD is Jan 9, 2020 and the payout date on January 30, 2020.

One of my investment objectives for 2019 was to invest in Canadian Banks. I think that worked out as planned. Over the course of a year, I bought shares in Royal Bank, TD, BMO, and CIBC. I also own shares in a regional bank, Laurentian Bank.

My total portfolio exposure to Canadian banks is about 11%. Next year I plan to double my positions in Banks and start a position in BNS. Canadian Banks are very well run businesses and they can weather the storm in case of a recession.

And speaking of a recession, I hear more and more topics regarding the recession in 2020. Analysts like to hype the drama to sour investors' sentiment. Don't fall for that trap. Even if the correction happens, it will be short-lived. Take advantage of any corrections and invest in blue-chip stocks and you will be fine.

What are your investment plans for 2020???

6 comments:

  1. Hey German congrats on the purchase. You can't go wrong by adding to your position in TD. I just made my final stock purchase of the year today (post about it next week). In 2020 I am planning on focusing on my TFSA account and trying to max it out. Some stocks I would like to focus on are CNR, SU, CAR.UN and maybe another bank? Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Matt, thanks for stopping by. That would be nice if you could max out your TFSA!

      Delete
  2. Hi! Since I have been following your blog for a long time, I would like to ask your opinion about my results so far! You can find the translator application in the sidebar for translation. Thank you in advance for your answer!
    https://osztalekcsaszar.blogspot.com/2019/12/unnepi-hirlevel-es-eves-osszefoglalo.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! You posted very impressive dividend growth since 2017! Keep up the good work and let the snowball grow!

      Delete
  3. Nice German.

    Td is my favourite bank out of the bunch. The best dividend growth to boot!

    nice buy.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete