Portfolio Value Update - March 2018

Portfolio Value
As of March 31, 2018 my investment portfolio balance stood at $54,114.26. That’s an increase of $772.79 from last month. March was another volatile month for the stock market. However, my portfolio did better compared to January and February. I’m glad to have a positive growth despite volatile swings. Daily price fluctuations do not affect me. I just execute my plan when I see good buying opportunities. I'm looking forward to see what April will bring us.


Dividends
In March, I received a total of $261.40 in dividends vs $214.37 for the same period a year ago. That's an increase of $47.03 or 22% on year-over-year basis. This is the first time I crossed $250 mark from regular monthly dividends. This is certainly a nice chunk of cash that is reinvested back into the stock market. So far this year I receive a total of $738.68 in dividends. That's already more than my regular monthly contribution. That means that every quarter I receive enough money from dividends to make a regular purchase.




Contribution
No change here. My current monthly contribution towards TFSA is $700. I plan to max out my TFSA contribution room this year. Afterwards, I will continue to max out my TFSA by allowable amount. 


Transaction
I made one transaction in March by purchasing more shares in Plaza REIT. You can read about this purchase in my previous post.

16 comments:

  1. Doesn't look like the market sell off has been too unkind to your portfolio value German. The dividend chart shows a nice and consistent trend. Keep it up. Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom! The private buyout of the Student Transportation have offset some of the losses.

      Delete
  2. Nice german congrats on the 250 mark! Your portfolio is doing good as well.

    Plaza is a stock i keep debating adding. Nice purchase

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! Plaza is a good stock to have. They have a good monthly distribution and their are growing it every year. Good luck :)

      Delete
  3. Terrific progress, German. Congrats on crossing the $250 mark for monthly dividends.
    I enjoy the portfolio highlights/milestones you share on the right side of the page. Thanks for compiling this and sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked my portfolio highlights and milestones. I find this info to be useful for my readers.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on a solid month. Nice growth from same time last year - and great job keeping the portfolio growth positive. March I saw a decrease again - but a nice boost to dividend income. Considering i'm here for the long haul, a slight decrease is A-OK for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordan. Same here, nice boost in dividends. Market corrections are good to. Gives us a chance to buy on the dips.

      Delete
  5. German,

    Excellent month and an excellent purchase in Plaza REIT. You're posting some awesome results here so far in 2018 and are building quite the foundation.

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bert! Thanks for stopping by and for your comments. I always appreciate your support.

      Delete
  6. Keep up the good work, and good to invest consistently with $700 a month to your TFSA!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, GYM. That monthly contribution will drop next year because my TFSA will be maxed out.

      Delete
  7. Great looking blog. First time visitor and I've bookmarked your site. Continued success with your dividend strategy. I have much to learn:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent it's good to see the portfolio continue to increase. Soon you will be crossing the $300 mark in dividends received. Keep up the good work German :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I should hit $300/mo from regular dividends in a year from now.

      Delete