A simple trick to get Great Deals!!!


You probably tried a lot of good tricks to save money on groceries, clothing, electronics, and so on. I’m not going to waste your time saying to buy things on sale. That’s obvious and everybody knows that. 

Here’s a trick I use all the time to squeeze out more savings from my purchases. Before I shop at any specific store, I look online for gift cards. There are plenty of people who want to get rid of their gift cards that they received as a birthday gift or whatever. I use the most popular classified ads website called Kijiji to look up for "gift cards" or “carte cadeau” in French since I live in a French province.

If you live in Canada, you will find plenty of gift cards on Kijiji. If you live in US then you can try Craigslist or any other local classified website. You can find really great deals and that’s the reason I wanted to share with you guys, because the more you can save, the more you can invest into… you guessed it… dividend paying stocks!!!

Here are some great deals I was able to find last week:


IKEA gift card valued at $200 for only $140. I emailed the person to negotiate and got the card for $120. That’s 40% off of my Ikea purchases right off the bat.



Air Canada gift card valued at $500 for only $400. I don’t need it, but for somebody who plans for a trip that would be a 20% discount right there. I’m pretty sure you can negotiate it to $350.



Midas gift card valued at $35 for only $5. You can do an oil change there and it will cost you $5. Sounds like a great deal!



$100 worth of gas for $90 is a good deal too. Gas gift cards are in high demand because drivers buy gas anyway so a 10% discount on gas is good. You could probably negotiate it for $80.



Here’s a good one. I emailed the person, but I was too late. He already sold them. $75 worth of gas for only $45. That was 40% discount on gas.



IGA is a grocery store. I negotiated the price and got it for $50. That’s a 33% discount on my groceries.



$300 BestBuy card for only $250. Not a bad deal if you need to buy some electronics.



There are many more deals. Currently, there are over 200 cards listed on Kijiji. I think it’s a great way to get a discount right from the start. What do you think? Let me know if you looked up for gift cards to save on your purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment