Portfolio Value Update - November 1, 2013

Today my Dividend Portfolio decreased by $118.35 to $13,285.64.
The markets took a little hit today, but my portfolio got hit even harder. Only 2 stocks out of 12 gained today. The rest of the stocks closed in red territory.


Liquor Stores
The best performer of the day was Liquor Stores (LIQ.TO) up by 2.33% or 35 cents to $15.36. I heard a rumour on the radio yesterday night that the world is running out of wine. I think they are talking about the real grape wine since most of the cheap bottle wines are coloured water with sulphites and alcohol. I will not get into details about fake wines :). Another reason for this stock to go up is the holiday season. People will buy more booze during next month so the markets are speculating for a little earnings boost. While I wait for this stock to go higher, I'm peacefully collecting my 7% dividend.



EnerCare

The worst performer of the day was Enercare  (ECI.TO) down by 2.41% or 24 cents to $9.74. The stock had a great run for the past 2 weeks, but failed to go over $10. The trend is still intact and it pays a nice 7.15% dividend.


The Toronto stock market closed lower Friday as investors took in encouraging manufacturing data from China and the United States. The S&P/TSX composite index declined 23.8 points to 13,337.46, pressured by continued weakness in the gold sector as prices hit a two-week low and Barrick Gold (TSX:ABX) announced a huge stock offering.


No comments:

Post a Comment