Portfolio Value Update - January 20, 2014

Today my Dividend Portfolio decreased by $34.09 to $14,088.75.

Wajax
The best performer of the day was WJX.TO, up by 1.02% or 38 cents to $37.55. It looks to me that a bullish triangle is forming. If we can break above resistance level, we could easily see $40-$41 within the next 2-3 months.




Veresen
The worst performer of the day was VSN.TO, down by 1.25% or 19 cents to $15.01. I was expecting a slight correction for VSN, maybe 7%-10%, but the chart looks very bullish. I'm planning to reduce my position in VSN when it reaches at least $16.



Recent Transactions:
Sold 20 shares of DR.TO for $19.63 per share.
Bought 30 shares of PZA.TO for $13.30 per share.


Medical Facilities Corp is a great company, but I think it's too overbought here and it's due for a correction. The chart shows a parabolic move which is unsustainable. I had 40 shares of DR which I originally bought for $15. My capital gain is about 27% so I decided to take some profits and invest in something else. I sold 20 shares and left another 20 for further capital appreciation and dividends.



Following the sale of DR.TO, I decided use the proceeds to buy 30 shares of PZA.TO for $13.30 a piece. They pay 7% dividend on monthly basis. Pizza Pizza will probably continue to do well as long as they keep opening new stores. They also announced a 2.6% dividend increase last Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment