Dividend Portfolio Update - February 2015

Dividend Portfolio Value
As of February 28, 2015 my dividend portfolio balance is at $19,731.50, up by about $970 from the previous month. The main increase in portfolio value was caused by the new contribution of $800 to my Tax-Free Savings Account. The net result of stock fluctuations had a little effect on portfolio balance.

Dividends
For the month of February, I received a total of $105.38 in dividends vs $83.23 for the same period a year ago. That's an increase of $22.15 or 26% on year-over-year basis. My total Year-to-Date dividend income for 2015 is $213.06. For the past 5 months, my dividends were over $100 per month and I hope that it will continue to go higher.

Contributions
During the month of February, I contributed $800 to my TFSA. My objective for 2015 is to contribute $6,000. So far, the total contribution is $1,600. If I continue to put $800 per month, I will reach my contribution objective by August 2015.

Transactions
First National (FN.TO)
I purchased 35 shares of FN at $22.87 per share. First National is Canada’s largest non-bank lender for both commercial and residential mortgages. This is the great way for me to get into the mortgage play and take advantage of future interest increases. First National has a 6.85% dividend yield and this purchase will bring additional $4.35 per month in dividend income.

Milestones
During the month of February, my portfolio reached two milestones. It crossed the 19K mark and then the 20K mark. It’s back down under 20K. Also, on February 3, I had the best 1 day gain of $486.

No comments:

Post a Comment