Dividend Portfolio Update - September 2015

Dividend Portfolio Value
By the end of September 30, 2015, my dividend portfolio balance was at 21,850.96, up by about $600 from the previous month. Most dividend investors felt the September volatility, but it shouldn't scare us away. As longs as we keep on buying good quality stocks, we will be fine. I think October will be a better month as a buying season kicks in. This month I picked up some cheap REITs and I'm getting really close on betting fresh capital on oil stocks. I like the pipelines and oil streamers. Oil prices will rally at some point. They can’t stay low for that long. I think the price of oil will balance out close to $60 level.


My Investment Account (Tax Free Savings Account)
My TFSA consists of 21 Canadian dividend paying stocks. Most of my stocks pay dividends on monthly basis. This allows me to collect dividends and reinvest them into dividend paying stocks more rapidly.

Dividends
In September, I received a total of $135.70 in dividends vs $97.78 for the same period a year ago. That's an increase of $37.97 or 39% on year-over-year basis. My total Year-to-Date dividend income for 2015 is $1,071.16. My dividend goal for 2015 is to receive $1,400. All dividends are reinvested back into dividend paying stocks.

Contributions
In September, I added $800 of fresh capital to my account. So far my total contribution for 2015 reached $7,200. My priority is to maximize my TFSA account each year. The current TFSA contribution limit is $10,000 per year.

Transactions
Bought 15 shares of Dream Office REIT at $20.50 per share.
Bought 30 shares of Cominar REIT at $16.30 per share.
I only did a few transactions in September. I decided to add to my existing REITs positions. Since D.UN.TO and CUF.UN.TO are really cheap now, I decided to take an opportunity and buy some units while they are on sale. Since I'm a long term hold investor, I got all the time for those units to rebound and go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment