Portfolio Value Update - April 2016

Portfolio Value
By the end of April 30, 2016, my dividend portfolio balance was at $31,112.11. That’s an increase of $1,445 from the previous month. Finally I passed the 30K mark. That's a big milestone for me. I hope my portfolio value stays above 30K during the upcoming soft season. I remember last summer the markets corrected quite a bit. I couldn't keep up my portfolio value even with monthly contributions.



Dividends
Dividend income is a passive income for which I don’t have to work for. In April, I received a total of $160.10 in dividends vs $112.94 for the same period a year ago. That's an increase of $47 or 42% on year-over-year basis.

My total Year-to-Date dividend income for 2016 is $647.71. Based on my forecast I should get around $2,000 in dividends in 2016. It doesn’t sound like a big amount but it’s growing every year. All dividends are reinvested into dividend paying stocks since all the bills are covered by the day job.

Contributions
In April, I added $800 of fresh capital to my TFSA account. The maximum amount that I can contribute in 2016 is $5,500. Since I have contribution room from prior years, I will continue to add $800 per month until I reach my maximum contribution.

My Investment Account (Tax Free Savings Account)
My portfolio consists of 27 Canadian dividend paying stocks. Most of my stocks pay dividends on monthly basis. This allows me to collect dividends and reinvest them into dividend paying stocks more rapidly.

Transactions
Bought 50 shares of NWH.UN.TO (Northwest Healthcare) @ $9.35 per share.
Bought 60 shares of DRG.UN.TO (Dream Global) $8.90 per share.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching the 30k milestone :) before you know you will hit 40k. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks body! That would be great. Let me reach 35K and then the 40 :)

      Delete