Canadian Stocks with August EX Dividend Date

If you’re a Canadian investor and looking to buy dividend paying stocks, then here’s a list of Canadian companies with August EX dividend date. You will need to buy stocks one day before the Ex-div date to be eligible for dividend payment in September. I’ve compiled a list of solid businesses that are investment worthy. All companies listed below are not my investment recommendations and I encourage you to do your own research. For disclosure, I own stocks in FTS, BEP, BIP, and BPY.


Ticker
Company
Ex-Div Date
Payable Date
Yield
ENB
Enbridge Inc.
14-Aug-19
01-Sep-19
6.57%
FTS
Fortis Inc.
19-Aug-19
01-Sep-19
3.35%
MFC
Manulife Financial Corporation
19-Aug-19
19-Sep-19
4.48%
MG
Magna International Inc.
22-Aug-19
06-Sep-19
2.93%
SLF
Sun Life Financial Inc.
27-Aug-19
30-Sep-19
3.97%
BEP.UN
Brookfield Renewable Partners
29-Aug-19
30-Sep-19
5.72%
BIP.UN
Brookfield Infrastructure Partners
29-Aug-19
30-Sep-19
4.55%
BPY.UN
Brookfield Property Partners
29-Aug-19
30-Sep-19
6.74%
GWO
Great-West Lifeco Inc.
29-Aug-19
30-Sep-19
5.90%


As you can see from the list above, there are many great companies to choose from. The dividend yields are decent as well. Let me know what you think of this list and what are you buying in August.

2 comments:

  1. Hey German thanks for doing this post. There are some very nice companies on this list. If I had some cash I would start a position in BIP.UN. What are you looking at these days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BIP is a great stock. I started a new position three months ago. I might look into insurance companies because I don't have any at the moment. I think insurance companies are great businesses with recurring cashflow. I'll check out Great-West Lifeco to see why their stock dropped from $33 to $28 in just four months. Also, the Manulife trades at a good price. We'll see...

      Delete