December 2021 Stock Purchases

Hey guys! I bought some stocks recently and wanted to provide a short update. Everything was bought in a taxable account because my TFSA is maxed out. I already saved up enough money to max out my TFSA account in January 2022. In January 2022, the TFSA contribution room goes up by another $6,000.

In total I bought seven companies. This time I wanted to focus on insurance companies and bought three insurance stocks: MFC, GWO, and IAG. I already own MFC so I added a bit to my position, but the other two GWO and IAG are my first buys. Eventually I will add more of GWO and IAG.

Apart from insurance stocks, I also added to my AQN, NFI and TRP positions simply because the prices are too good to pass on. I really like that trio at the current prices.

The last company I bought is The North West NWC. This is an interesting play in the retail sector. I found this company during my screening process. It's basically a value retailer in rural communities in Northern and Western Canada, as well as Alaska, Sought Pacific Islands and Caribbean. Their banner name include North Mart, Giant Tiger, Alaska Commercial, Cost U Less, RiteWay and more. You can think of it as Walmart but up north. It's a small position for now, but eventually I would like to grow it to over a 100 shares.

Here's the screen shot from my brokerage account:



2 comments:

  1. I own MFC, AQN and TRP. NWC is an interesting one. May decide to buy into this company one day.

    Thanks for the update.

    DividendsOn

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice buys German. insurance should do great if rates rise also I agree about trp being at a great price.

    keep it up
    cheers

    ReplyDelete