New Buy: Cominar

In my recent blog post, I outlined three potential stock picks for February 2019. These were Freehold Royalties, Artis, and Cominar. I did a quick review of the three companies again and decided to add to my Cominar position.

About the Company
Cominar is the largest REIT in the province of Quebec. I love this company for high-quality shopping malls that are located in the greater Montreal area. In fact, when I go shopping, I always end up going to shopping malls owned my Cominar. They are very appealing, modern and easy-to-get-to. Apart from retail properties, Cominar also owns industrial and office buildings. Unfortunately, they don’t own any residential properties. Hopefully, they will start working on that.

Cominar’s Real Estate Portfolio:
  • 136 retail properties
  • 196 industrial properties
  • 97 office properties


The Purchase
Today I bought 70 shares of Cominar (CUF.UN.TO) for $11.94 per share. With this purchase, I doubled my investment in Cominar and lowered my cost average. My new position now consists of 140 shares and my cost average is $15. My position in Cominar is not full yet. I still have some room to add more shares in the future. I would like to increase my position to 300 shares.

Dividends
The current dividend yield is 6% and the payout ratio is at 78%. This purchase will add $4.20 to my monthly income.


Thank you for reading. Let me know what you think of this purchase. If you already made your February purchase, please be sure to share below.

2 comments:

  1. hey german

    I dont follow cominar much but seems like a good buy. safe payout and lowers your dollar costs average price way down. Gotta love it.

    keep it up man. I bought more ipl in Feb.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rob! 95% of Cominar's properties are located in Quebec. Where I live, I'm surrounded by their buildings and shopping malls. That makes it easier for me to visually evaluate the properties and make my investment decision. Kind of local investment :) Great buy on the IPL. I think there will be an opportunity for me to invest in IPL as well. $21 bucks for IPL is a great deal :)

      Delete